If you are someone who probably does receive a lot of emails and does not want to miss out on important unread emails, you should read this. In this article; you’ll discover how to view only unread messages in Gmail so you don’t lose track of important messages.
Emails which is coined from electronic-mails is a means of sending and receiving messages to/from one another. Without emails, it would have been a little bit complicated/costly to send messages to farther distances.
As a a matter of fact; Emails are very important in today’s era as they allow us to send and receive messages within the twinkle of an eye!
Before we take a look at how to view only unread messages in Gmail, lets take a quick look at some of the other popular email service providers.
5 Best Popular Email Service Providers
While there are lots of email service providers out there, we have highlight the populous one and arrange them in regardless of their ranking. Some of them are;
- Gmail – This is an email service provider by Google and offer 15GB worth of storage for free to its users. Although it has some other plans; the free plan – i think is a good way to start from.
- Yahoo mail – Yahoo is a web portal launched in 1994 and yahoomail is an email service provider by Yahoo. One of their advantages is the spam filter and their free plan also is a good way to start from
- Outlook – This is an email service provider by Microsoft and the email format is oftern soemthing like “[email protected]”. While they have premium plans; Outlook also has a free plan in which user can start from.
- Zoho – Perhaps one of the benefits of Zoho is the ability to tag people and share your email folders with them.
- AOL Mail – This is an email service provider by AOL before being acquired by Verizon.
Gmail Not Working or Opening in Chrome browser? Here’s How to Fix
Getting Started With Gmail (View unread messages in Gmail)
While there are many other email service providers out there, Gmail seems to be the one of the big fish in the ocean. Some argue maybe because the emai service provider is owned by the Company that own the giant Google Search Engine, others thought perhaps it was because of the simplicity.
If you do not have a Gmail account yet , you can checkout all of Gmail’s Powerful Features here and How You Can Create One.
How To View Only Unread Messages in Gmail
If you get to have a lot of emails in your inbox and wouldn’t want to miss the important mails, the best way to do this is to ensure that all your Unread messages are in one place. By default; all your messages in email (both Read and Unread) are in one places.
For a newbiew, you might want to plan on moving them one by one to a seperate folders but that’s either going to take a lot of time or be extremely hard to do.
READ ALSO: How To Convert Email to PDF in Gmail
But there’s one EASY WAY to go about this! 👇
There’s a feature that allows you to easily sort your inbox folders and displaying only Unread messages atthe top. Below is how to set your emails to sort unread messages first;
- Sign in to your Gmail inbox
- Click on the Settings displayed at the top right corner [See screenshot here]
- A dialog box will open up, scroll down a bit to the “INBOX TYPE” options.
- From the “INBOX TYPE” options, choose Unread first [See screenshot here]
- The inbox will automatically update and everything will be set.