History of Online Shopping
Online Shopping origin can be traced back to 1979 when the English Entrepreneur Michael Adrich invented it according to wikipedia. With time, it successfully spreads from the place where it was founded to almost all over the World including Nigeria, India and Others.
Introduction to Online Shopping in Nigeria
In the yester-years when technology was still at it’s primitive age in
Nigeria, Online Shopping was merely known by few people and like an alien word when discussed n public.
Addtionally only few Internet Marketers and people could afford to do Shopping Online then simply because of its advance
processing of information, payment methods and the stress before you could get to receive your Goods.
- Easy Way To Define Internet and Internet Browsers To People
- How Blogging Had Been Of Immense Benefit in this Age
How I Got To Know About Online Shopping
Though I’ve heard of online shopping quite number of times but i didn’t
put much thought into it until after watching a movie titled Kick-ass some years back.
The Movie is all about a dude who wanted to be an Hero by saving people
from mess just like the previous famous Marvel Movie Heroes; Batman,
Spiderman, superman and others.
After Kick-ass [the Nick he named himself] had practiced mere combat skills, he then decides to get an outfit for himself since those Heroes he’s trying to copycat also had their special outfit. After surfing online to Shop for the costume that’ll deem his hero-self, he finally choose one online which was deliver to his exact apartment.
Below is an image of the costume he chose.
|Kick-ass (credit: freearticleandcontent)|
I was amazed at how “faster and easier” the process was, that is – he made an ORDER online and it was DELIVERED to his Comfort Place.
What Is Online Shopping
So Simply Put, ONLINE SHOPPING is a process where Goods and/or Products are bought and paid for online in which it would then be delivered to one’s preference of location.
Below are advantages of Online Shopping
Advantages of Online Shopping
Ability to shop conveniently from anywhere you are in the Whole World as long as there is Internet Connection.
- Delivering of Goods being bought to your doorstep without moving an inch out of your home (or preffered Location).
- Easily check wide varieties of Goods, Price, Specification and other Info in your own comfort unlike Offline products/shopping where you need to walk and ask around before having knowledge about them.
- And more…
- Click Here To Shop Online On Konga If You’re Inside Nigeria
- Click Here To Shop Online On Jumia If You’re Outside Nigeria
- Checkout the Android Jiji App That Allow You To Easily Buy & Sell Online
Disadvantages Of Online Shopping & Solution
1. Location – It might be a little bit difficult delivering goods to some specific places due to inability to locate can i over the counter the place or inaccessible road network. However this disadvantage is usually overcomed by negotiating on a comfortable location nearest to the buyer’s location.
2. Mode of Payment – In the earlier age of Shopping, Payment were made “mostly” via Credit Card, PayPal and other advanced payment method thus only few could afford to shop online.
But thank goodness as Nowadays there are easier payment methods like using NIGERIAN DEBIT CARDS like Mastercard, Verve Card, VisaCard to make payment,
There is also the PAY UPON DELIVER feature!
By now, i hope you must have understood Fully what ONLINE SHOPPING is, Its ADVANTAGES and likewise DISADVANTAGES.
Read also: How To Make Money Online With or Without a Blog via Konga Affliate Program