It also appears when there is an updates from a particular friend you are following likewise group updates in which anytime a new status, images, videos, links or others are shared, you get notified of the posts.
Whilst this feature is very good as it allows a user to get to know more about “important updates”, the case is not so for someone who keeps getting incessant notification from a friend or group.
[You Might Want To Find Out About Facebook Poke and Its Real Meaning Here]
So if you’ve been looking for a way to stop receiving updates you do not like to be notified of from a friend or in a Facebook group you belong to, in this post i will walk you through how you can do it without removing the friend from your list.
How To Stop Receiving Notification From A Friend On Facebook
- Go to the friend’s profile
- Now locate the “Following” Button and Click On It (see screenshot below)
- A drop-down menu would appear. Now scroll down and click “Unfollow”
Once you’ve done that, you would not be receiving incessant notification from that friend updates although would still remain friends.
How To Stop Getting and Receiving Notifications From A Facebook Group
- Open the Facebook Group you want to stop receiving notifications from
- At the header section, you would see some tabs like “Joined, Notifications, and Share”
- Click on the Notifications (see screenshot below) and scroll down a little bit to ‘turn it off”
And there you go!
Read Also: How To Automatically Posts Facebook Status To Twitter