Date and Time are one of the features on a blog that dispay the exact moment a post or comment is published. Though there are default settings that came with the date and time; some of the settings can be alter based on the user’s preference in which today am going to share with you how to set the time settings of your blog.
Why Would You Want to Edit The Time.
The answer is simple: When you buy a new watch, why do we need to set the time again. Its simply because the time does not correspond with the accurate time.
You Might Want To Read: How To Restore Your Blog Incase Its Hacked.
The same thing applys to a blog’s time; being a Nigerian blogger and my Host a foreigner [United States] to be precise, the default time by my host is sure to be differ from mine. In spite of this; just like a new watch, i have to set the time to match my own geographical location.
Now that we knew the reason, shall we move on to how to do the settings.
Before we go, Have You Read: The Importance of a Blog’s Comment Box and what to Consider Before Embedding it on Your Blog.
How To Setup Your Blog’s Date And Time.
- Step 1: Goto your Blogger’s dashboard and Click on Settings.
- Step 2: Click on Language and Formatting.
- Step 3: Then scroll down to where Timezone is and Click on it to select your prefered “timezone”.
[In this case, I set mine to (GMT+01:00) Lagos], you can choose to set your own to another type based on your preference.
- Step 4: After you’ve choose your settings, Move your cursor back to the Top and Click on Save Settings.
- Step 5: Have you clicked on “Save Settings”, If yes, then we’re not climbing any Step again. hehehehe.
When new post or comment is published, the appropriate time (as you sets it) will be displayed. Are you confused somewhere, drop it in the comment box and i’ll reply asap.
0 thoughts on “How To Setup Your Blog’s Time To Nigerian Time.”
thanks Kanyi! Good to see you here:)
Nice blog. Great tutorial. Keep it up.