Content, they say is King when it comes to blogging. However content in this case doesn’t mean just any content, it means a quality content and well written in such way that your blog visitors won’t find it difficult to read your articles.
Although everyone had his/her own blog writing styles but whatever blog post writing format you use, you should try and adhere to the Do’s and Don’ts so as to make your articles. On this post I’ve gathered the basic blog writing guide tips which you can grab one or two things from.
5 Do’s of Blog Post Writing Style Guide
1. Use Precise Headline – Your headline is the first thing that grabs attention. Ensure you use it well by making it precise and avoid using misleading headline as that might make you lose not only new visitors but also returning readers.
2. Include Paragraph – If you’re fond of writing your articles without giving paragraph, then you need to change your style. Paragraph gives provides white space depending on the theme you’re using thus making your post legible enough.
Without paragraph, no matter how interesting the topic you’re writing on is, your blog visitors might find it hard to read it
3. Use Graphics – Do not forget to use graphics – Images, Info-graphics , Videos that relates to your blog post. Visual content makes your articles appealing enough and also gives a nice touch to your blog in general.
Example of an Info-graphics can be found here and you can also easily grab some images from the Number 1 resource here
4. Internal linking – Try to link out to either within your blog
or outside to make your blog post more interesting. Internal linking is
one of the best ways to increase your blog’s traffic and also give your blog visitors the chance to learn more about the post they’re reading or other related interesting post
5. Proofread! Proofread!! Proofread!!! – Nobody is perfect though but do not publish your blog post immediately you write it. Cross check the links, image/s, paragraph and every other thing else and make adjustment where need be
This is called Proofreading and is an essential part you shouldn’t neglect before hitting the publish button
You might like: [How To Use IFTTT To Auto share Posts on Social Media]
5 Don’ts of Blog Post Writing Format
1. Too short – The essence of blog-posts are to ensure they provides adequate information to the readers. This is why you should not make your blog post way TOO SHORT unless it’s for a strong reason.
2. Grammatical Error – Check for grammatical error on your post and try to make amendment where need be. This is important especially in a tutorial blog as misspelling a certain word might mislead your visitors.
3. Too much keyword stuffing – If you are familiar with SEO, then i presume the term “keyword” shouldn’t be strange to you. However when trying to integrate keyword into your contents, do be careful not to overdo it.
Keyword stuffing might makes your entire blog post to sound gibberish and remember, you’re writing for Humans and not search engines
4. Unrelated/Poor Graphics – I mentioned in the Do’s of Writing Style that you should try to use Visual Object in your post like Images but that still doesn’t mean you should use just any visual. Unrelated or Poor Graphics are almost as bad as Graphics
5. Too long – While it’s okay to share in detail, you should also avoid too long blog posts as that would easily bore your readers. Too long articles doesn’t mean a 500 words but something like thousands of words.
Instead of that, you can simply write the post in Part or package it in an eBook
Feel free to share your blog post writing style guide tips via the comment box