Keyboard Shortcuts are combination of two or more keys which perform a specific task when used without involving the mouse. Since their interception, they’ve been helping users in making task lots more easier and faster [I guess thats why most Mobile Phones nowadays are built with “computer-like-keyboard” 😉 ]
Though there are wide varieties of keyboard shortcuts that can be used to perform different functions, i’ll love to start with the basics 🙂 Today we’ll start with the Ctrl Keys + Alt Keys.
Computer Keyboard Shortcuts Ctrl A – F.
- Ctrl + A – Using the Ctrl plus the A keyboard simultaneously highlights all text, images, documents or any other files in the specific area that the cursor is. In case of a textbox; it highlights all text in the box, In a page; highlights all in the page and co.
- Ctrl + B – You can use this shortcut to bold a text like this. You’ll have to highlight the specific text first before pressing this keys in order to be able to bold the text.
- Ctrl + C – You can use this shortcut to copy a text, Image, or files from one place to another. Just like that of No #2 Shortcut, you’ll have to highlight the text you want to copy first [if its a file, click on it ] before using this Shortcut.
- Ctrl + D – This Perform either two options depending on where you are. If you’re on a webpage, it can be used to “Bookmark” the page. Whilst if you’re on Microsoft Word document, pressing this shortcut will open the “font window”.
- Ctrl + E – This works mainly for text as it Centers text. When typing a document; words usually starts from the left to the right, but with this shortcut you can start your own text from the center or highlight a particular text if you intend to Center a specific text.
- Ctrl + F – This shortcut can be used to search up a text or files. When pressed, it opens up a “find window” which you can enter the text or file you’re looking for.
The Alt Shortcut Functions
- Alt + F4 – Want to close a current program, simply use this key to. Whether its a webpage, games, application or even a documents, by pressing this shortcut, It will close the program.
- Alt + Enter – Once an item is selected, this shortcut opens the properties for the particular item. The item can be an Image, Music, Document, folder e.t.c
- Alt + Tab – Are you having more than two open programs in your window? use this shortcut to switch between them.
- Alt + F -This is used to open File Menu Options in a Current Program.
Using this shortcuts mentioned above frequently will helps in increasing your productivity as you feel in control and become more proficient when using your computer.
Kindly share Post with Friends!
Before you Move To Another Section in this Blog, Did You Know of These Whatsapp Shortuct Keys?