This is exactly what happened to a Nokia phone's device which was unable to connect to the internet browser successfully, after the phone was flashed. The response i was getting was something like 'security and date settings' but after a series of attempt and background research, i traced the bug and found out it has something todo with the 'Nokia Phone's Certificate'.
Recommended: 4 Handy Tips You Should Know Before Buying a New Phone
To not take much of our time, i wanted to show you on this post what initially occur that made me to flash the phone likewise how i fixed it.
The trouble started when the phone was on a low battery status and after i was unable to charge it as soon as possible, the phone shuts down itself which is the normal process for all mobile phone devices whenever they've run out of battery level. So after some hours that i was able to see a source of power, i connects my phone's charger to the mobile device and it was charging. Then later, the unexpected happen!
READ ALSO: Top 3 Safety Tips For Mobile Users
After some couple of minutes close to like an hour that the phone has been charging, i removed it from the power source and press the 'ON button' so as to power it on. The phone responds but instead of booting in, it does not boots in but only shuts itself down again. I tried this multiple times before deciding to give the phone to a mobile phone engineer who said the only way that could make it work back is to FLASH THE PHONE.
To FLASH a phone simply means to reset its Operating System. To know more about flashing a phone, i suggest you read this article at WikiHow on What it Means, and How To Flash A Phone.
Having no Option, i accepted and the Engineer went ahead to FLASH the phone but After it was done, i discovered anything related to using the Internet browser wasn't functioning and the reasons are usually 'Certificate issue, Connection and Date Settings'. Since i've already left the place before i discovered the hitch, i decides to try and see if i can troubleshoot it and that if i could not, i would simply take it back to the Engineer to make re-adjustment.
Having been given a response earlier that the fault lies within 'connection settings, date settings and certificate issue', i checked the connection and date settings several times and despite that they were well sets, the error still persists.
See the Lists of: 5 Mobile Features To Minimise Tasks and Maximise Producctivity
Then i moved on to the Authority Certificates which can be found in the Security Settings of the Device and with careful and thorough checkup, i found out the error was a result of the certificate being replaced and installed on the phone.
=> Although i tried a series of attempts to troubleshoot it, the one that finally worked was when i reverse the date settings of my phone back to a year ago. I mean instead of leaving the date as the year 2016, i had to sets it to 2015 and it was after i did that, that the internet browsers started working successfully!<=
And there goes the Nokia Authority Certificate Bug i recently faced and how i overcome it. So whenever you're facing nokia certificate issue, simply revert the date of your phone back and see if it will works out.
Don't forget to share this post with friends, save the headache as they might be facing the same issue:)